They are compact, light, resistant cameras that can be placed in vehicles. They take pictures and videos in high definition through a wide angle lens. They can also be configured to run automatically with minimal intervention, or to be controlled remotely.
The most basic GoPro is a lightweight camera (74g or 135 with housing) that allows you to take professional-quality photos and videos. Below you can see the basic characteristics of the cheapest GoPro that you can buy for 249 euros:
- 1080p30, 960p30 and 720p60 video capture
- 5 MP photos up to 3 frames per second and panoramic field of view
- High-quality audio recording with wind noise reduction technology
- Built-in Wi-Fi to control GoPro remotely via remote
- Rechargeable Li-ion battery tested at 1050mAH, 3.7V, 3885mWh. The duration with the fully charged battery varies depending on the use of Wi-Fi, remote control, video mode … but it ranges between 1h30 and 3h.
- Ports: mini USD, micro SD and micro HDMI
- Storage up to 64 GB